I am spending a semester teaching at a school in Chennai, India and the teacher from Chennai is in my classroom in Hazel Park, MI. This was arranged through the Fulbright Classroom Teacher Exchange Program. We will be in Chennai until late January 2012.

Requisite Disclaimer: Hilary and I are not that tight. This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are my own and do not represent the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State.

To view my exchange partner's blog go to: http://kalavathykirupanandam.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Vacation

In the background is a Danish fort built in the early 1600s. The water is the Bay of Bengal.
We had a 10-day break and left for Tranquebar, which is in the same state as Chennai and many hours south. On the train I felt like I was in an old movie about colonial India – watching the villages and rice paddies sweep by the train window. The hotel is a small chain that buys historically interesting buildings and restores them. The rooms are in buildings that reflect the traditional architecture – and have a very homey feel. We had warm sunny days and overcast afternoons – which kept the heat under control. 
Brightly colored houses are all over the town.


No comments:

Post a Comment