I am spending a semester teaching at a school in Chennai, India and the teacher from Chennai is in my classroom in Hazel Park, MI. This was arranged through the Fulbright Classroom Teacher Exchange Program. We will be in Chennai until late January 2012.

Requisite Disclaimer: Hilary and I are not that tight. This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are my own and do not represent the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State.

To view my exchange partner's blog go to: http://kalavathykirupanandam.blogspot.com/

Friday, November 25, 2011

Wedding

Our internet was out for over two weeks! We are relieved to be back online. I have added snapshots from a wedding reception -- which takes place before the actual wedding and entails a ritual of its own. I very much enjoyed learning first-hand about marriage in south India and was delighted to meet the family. They were welcoming and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. The vast majority of marriages are still arranged (as was this one) but couples are waiting until their late 20's to marry -- much like in the US.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post. Its a nice information about wedding hall in chennai. All facilities are available. SelectCiti provides more information about Marriage reception halls in Chennai.

    ReplyDelete